On-Line, On-Time, Good Old Value And Quality
VM Architects Have joined the on-Line community
There are some who claim “Change is never good”. We beg to differ. VMA On-Line is good for us and good for you. We are and we will deliver all the Valuable and Memorable Architecture, same as ever before. Only in a better way.
VMA is an innovative, design-led architectural practice built on knowledge and nurtured relationships. We have close, long-term relationships with our clients and consultants to ensure strategic decisions are being taken early in a project and the best solutions are applied in all stages of every project.
- VMA has a proven track record for delivering high quality projects.
- Our work covers buildings ranging from National Monuments to individual houses.
- We are passionate about buildings and how they are put together.
- We draw on a wealth of in-house technical knowledge and experience to detail and coordinate projects with a library of robust construction details and expertise in both traditional and modern construction methods.
We Offer Architectural And Project Management Services Which Closely Follow RIBA Work Stages As Follows:
PREPARATION AND BRIEF
- Identify planning requirements and other parameters or constraints and
- Develop the project brief.
- Review of Site Information and, if necessary, procure a measured survey of the site
- Undertake Feasibility Studies
- Early discussions with relevant consultants where specialist advice may be required, for example structural engineer and planning consultants.
- Assessment of the preferred options in planning risk and cost terms i.e. number of storeys basement car park, number and type of residential units, Community Levy, section 106 agreement, etc.
- Prepare project program and execution plan
- Agree project Budget
Following confirmation of the brief our works will be as follows:
- Production of “as existing” plans, elevations and critical sections if necessary
- Initial design according to the brief.
- Early discussions with relevant consultants as necessary (planning consultant, structural or traffic engineer, etc.)
- Discussions with yourself or interested parties with regard to the design possibilities and exchange of ideas
- Production of information recommended by the Authority to inform the Pre-application meeting
- Pre-application meeting with the Local Authority and report
SPATIAL COORDINATION AND DESIGN DEVELOPMENT
- Further design development as defined by the pre-application advice
- Agree route to Building Regulation compliance
- Production of the of Planning Application Package
- Submission of the full planning application and relevant documents to the Local Planning Authorities
- Monitoring the progress of the application process.
PRODUCTION OF INFORMATION
Prepare On-Line Pricing And Production Documentation
- Detailed design development.
- Produce a full set of drawings representing the works to be carried out on site
- Prepare Contract Preliminaries and Materials and Workmanship specifications
- Prepare a pricing schedule, as necessary
- Production and submission of Building Control package
- Production of further detail working drawings as necessary i.e. toilets & kitchen layouts, lighting and electrical design etc.
- Discharge of any pre-commencement Planning Conditions
- Preparation of Construction Phase Plan
- Assemble a short list of suitable contractors to execute the works for your consideration
- Send copies of tender documentation electronically to the selected contractors
- Appraise and report on the returned tenders
- Prepare the building contract and arrange for it to be signed
- Provide the builder with information required for construction work to commence
- Visit the site as necessary to see that the work is proceeding generally in accordance with the contract
- Certify payments for works carried out or completed and advise on financial outturn
- Discharge any remaining Planning Conditions
Post Construction Works
- Make final inspections and arrange for the correction of any defects
- Agree the final account and issue Practical Completion certificate
- Inspect for defects after 12 months and issue Final Certificate